Listing of the Geological Survey of South Australia's most recent releases
On this page
- Geological Survey of South Australia Discovery Day 2017: presentation abstracts and posters. RB 2017/00036
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP001 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00022
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP002 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00038
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP003 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00039
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP004 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00040
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP005 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00041
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP006 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00043
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP007 preliminary field-data report.RB 2017/00044
- PACE Copper Coompana Drilling Project: Drillhole CDP008 preliminary field-data report. RB 2017/00045
Results and outcomes of the Minerals System Drilling Program
A comprehensive review of MSDP results and outcomes has now been compiled. The report not only provides geological insights from the 9 month drilling campaign along the southern Gawler Ranges, but summarises key results of trials of DET CRC technology.
AusIMM Monograph 32 - Australian Ore Deposits
- W M Cowley, Adelaide Geosyncline, Stuart Shelf, Kanmantoo Trough and Delamerian Orogen, p. 659
- H M Howard, R A Dutch, D F Close and N L Wyche, Musgrave Province regional geology and metallogeny, p. 577
- C A Standing, B Hou, M G Teakle, D Klingner and S Harrison, Heavy mineral sand deposits of Australia, p. 83
- J L Keeling, Graphite deposits of the Eyre Peninsula, p. 621
C M Horn, J L Keeling and J G Olliver, Sedimentary magnesite deposits, Flinders Ranges, p. 671
- B E Nicolson, J A Anderson and K C Cross, Menninnie Dam Pb-Zn-Ag and Paris Ag-Pb deposits, p. 629
- A J Reid, Geology and metallogeny of the Gawler Craton, p. 589
- G S Teale, P Say, N Green, H Forgan, C Went, M Twining and L Cole, Hillside iron oxide copper-gold deposit, p. 631
Recognition of c. 1780 Ma magmatism and metamorphism in the buried northeastern Gawler Craton: correlations with events of the Aileron Province.
Reid, A.J., Jagodzinski, E.A., Wade, C.E., Payne, J.L., Jourdan, F., 2017.
Article now available from Precambrian Research
Magmatic zircon Lu-Hf isotopic record of juvenile addition and crustal reworking in the Gawler Craton, Australia.
Reid, A.J., Payne, J.L., 2017.
Article now available from Lithos
Electromagnetic Monitoring of Hydraulic Fracturing: Relationship to Permeability, Seismicity, and Stress.
Thiel, S., 2017.
Article now available from Surveys in Geophysics
Six Mile Hill - MSDP Special Map Series
As part of the Mineral Systems Drilling Program (MSDP), a detailed geological mapping program was carried out at each of the three MSDP drilling areas (Six Mile Hill, Peltabinna and Mount Double) between July 2015 and April 2016. The Six Mile Hill maps and report are the first products to be released from this 1:75 000 MSDP Special Map Series.
The Surface geology of Six Mile Hill Map Sheet provides a detailed representation of the regolith and outcropping Proterozoic stratigraphy of Six Mile Hill, and includes a number of peripherals, including TMI, gravity, DEM imagery, a reliability diagram showing field observation sites, a solid geology inset and a customised legend. Simplified stratigraphic logs of the MSDP drillholes are also displayed on the map.
The Interpreted Proterozoic solid geology of Six Mile Hill Map Sheet provides an interpretation of the Neoproterozoic stratigraphy of the Stuart Shelf and underlying Meso- to Palaeoproterozoic stratigraphy of the Gawler Craton, obscured by extensive Cenozoic cover.
The Geology of the Six Mile Hill Map Sheet Report Book 2016/00014 is a report describing the physiography, regional geology, stratigraphy, structural geology and geological history of the Six Mile Hill area.
Regolith map of the Southern Gawler Ranges Margin (YARDEA and PORT AUGUSTA 1:250 000 map sheets)
The new regolith map of the Southern Gawler Ranges Margin provides a valuable regional overview of the main regolith types and their associated landforms, a general outline of the major areas of bedrock or regolith dominated terrain as well as the occurrence of in-situ versus transported regolith of this emerging mineral province.
It aims to provide a broad-scale framework for guiding geochemical prospecting for a wide range of minerals and materials, as a basis for guiding mineral exploration, and to provide a useful dataset for addressing other land use issues like groundwater.
1:250 000 mapsheets
The WINTINNA map sheet SG53-14, NW South Australia, was completed and published as a double sided printed map in July 2015 (folded and flat sheets). The printed map sheet includes a Reference column containing 77 rock units, summary logs to 80 drillholes, a Cross-section, three Rock Relation Diagrams, a Structural Interpretation Sketch, a Total Magnetic Intensity image, and a Bouguer Gravity Anomaly image. The reverse side displays a brief account of the geology, geological history, mineral occurrences, fossils and natural history, as well as seven selected photos and an Index to key Geographic Features with GPS coordinates.
The published printed WINTINNA 250K Mapsheet and Explanatory Notes are available from the SARIG Online Shop.
For more information, contact:
+61 8 8463 3000