About the challenge
- Crowdsourced open data competition (opens early 2020)
- Combining machine-learning techniques,alternative mathematical and data analysis approaches
- Assist traditional geoscientists in supporting the ability of explorers to increase the accuracy of their potential drill targeting
- Utilise existing world class geoscience datasets from recently completed major geophysical data collection programs across South Australia, in particular the world leading Gawler Craton Airborne Survey (GCAS), the AusLAMP magnetotelluric program, and subsequent Olympic Domain in fill survey
- $250,000 prize pool
The South Australian Government is partnering with open innovation platform, Unearthed, in a world-wide call for geologists and data scientists to uncover new exploration targets in the state's highly prospective Gawler Craton region, which currently includes BHP's Olympic Dam and OZ Minerals Carrapateena copper-gold deposits.
Unearthed has the largest community of data scientists, developers, and startups solving the challenges of the energy and natural resources industry.
- Express your interest in receiving updates on the challenge via the Unearthed website
- Gawler Craton geology
- South Australian Resources Information Geoserver (SARIG)
- Media release from Hon Dan van Holst Pellekaan, Minister for Energy and Mining